- Jem and Scout find presents in the tree stump from Boo.
- Dill arrives for the Summer: children enact Radley story.
- Children talk to Miss Maudie.
- Children try to put note through Radley's letter-box: Atticus stops it.
- Children look into Radley house: Jem's pants get caught.
- Dill leaves: Jem goes back for his pants in the night.
Resources to download
Please download and complete discussion question to the best of your ability. We will go over these questions in class.
Essential questions/focus points
1. What do the presents show us about Boo? What do the children's reactions tell us about the society they live in?
2. Discuss Boo's possible feelings as he watches the reenactment of his past and the scissors on the porch, every day.
3. Who is laughing at Scout, what does this tell us about that person?