To accommodate the students who are absent, and to practice and improve upon a very important writing skill-writing for information, we established a web-based class log system - a detailed record of activities and assignments that we complete in class every day.
The logs are composed daily by two different students. All students are expected to keep track of their assigned days and to complete and post the logs in timely manner to address the needs of those who are absent
The logs are checked and evaluated regularly based on the following criteria:
FCA 1: Each section of the log is completed accurately (if there is nothing to write in a section, indicate that; do not leave a section blank) - 10 points.
FCA 2: All relevant handouts are mentioned/specific directions are given on where to find them; any in-class notes are included in the log- 10 points.
FCA 3: The summary is detailed and written in complete sentences, in bullet point format -10 points.
TO ACCESS THE DAILY CLASS LOGS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW:
1. Download the class log template into Pages:
2. Fill out the log accordingly-remember the purpose of the log, and make sure that your summary is specific and detailed.
Check an example of what your log should look like and sound like:
3. Follow the link to the Updates page on Schoology.com-our daily logs will be posted here
6. Copy the text from your Pages template and paste it into the "Write an update" window, then post the log.
4. You must post the log no later than BEFORE the start of the class the following day.