the art of persuasion
Download Checkpoints Here
NOTE: As you begin to work on your script, make sure you incorporate at least FIVE different rhetorical devices throughout your speech (anecdotes, repetition, facts/statistics, hyperbole, imagery, loaded diction, etc.)
2. Script: Introduction, Ethos
3. Script: Logos, Pathos
4. Script: Counterargument/Rebuttal, Conclusion
5. Script: Revisions, Stage Directions
6. Script: Grading Rubric
7. Video: Grading Rubric
Finish brainstorming for your persuasive project-see Checkpoint 1 on the left. Post your topic and your finalized claim on Schoology by tomorrow.
You must complete checkpoint 3 by Monday (see assignment 3 on the left).
Quiz on pronoun/antecedent agreement on Monday.
Final draft of the script is due Wednesday-typed, MLA format. DO NOT PRINT IT YET.
Final draft of the script (stage/video directions, rhetorical devices identified, MLA format, etc.) must be printed and turned in on Thursday.
The video is due Monday, 03/10/14. NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED.
how to turn in your video
1. Go to the App store and download Google Drive application (free) it should look like this:
**To log in to Google Drive, you will have to use a gmail account. Your school email(gmail) account is recommended, but is not required. You may use your personal gmail account, if you prefer.
2. In Google Drive, create a shared folder. To share it with me, you will have to type in my school email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the following video for detailed directions:
** Your folder should be named in this format:
3. Export your iMovie into Camera Roll (in the latest version of iOS, you will have to choose the "save" option, as it automatically saves your project in Camera Roll), then upload it into the shared folder on Google Drive:
**Make sure you access your shared folder first (check the top of your Google Drive page-it should have the name of your folder listed), then upload the video. Otherwise, your folder will come up empty on my side.